Achievements from Klima 2050
Scenarios for climate change in Norway indicate an increased occurrence of extreme weather. Together with a warmer climate, intense precipitation over parts of Norway will also increase. We must prepare for increased precipitation with subsequent increased strain on drainage systems, more water damage to buildings, several landslides and more flooding.
Unfortunately, the built environment is particularly vulnerable to climate change. Changes in climate will increase the need for maintenance and the renewal of robust key societal infrastructure. New knowledge, methods and tools for implementing solutions is of outmost importance for a safe, sustainable and cost-effective development of the Norwegian society.
Yearly summary of results and highlights
- Network for climate adaptation
- Climate adaptation framework and rain resistance
- Stormwater knowledge portal
- Landslide risk modeling
- Climate adapted buildings
- Stormwater management in urban areas
- Handling the risks of landslides
- Decision-making for climate adaptation
Klima 2050 Annual Report is free for download here: